Friday, June 18, 2010

Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17

But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!” Matthew 15:25 NLT
Dear, dear Sisters in our Lord,
Jesus withdrew from crowds and Pharisees trying to entrap Him. Yet this woman searched Him out; coming to Him with her need. Her request met a silence cloaked in what appears an insult at first glance! Followed by an answer hard to decipher. Did the Lord respond to this woman to destroy her faith or develop it? She certainly had heard about this miracle working Man... had she heard Him speak to the crowds? Seen Him heal others? Open blind eyes? Faith needs facts to rest upon. E.H.
On what ground is our faith tested? It is on the ground of our very relationship with God and God's acceptance of us. Our enemy exerts his effort on this point interfering with our link with God. Jesus is this link. In ourselves we have nothing to offer. Our focus, our trust, our provision into the Holy of Holies is Jesus Christ and what He did at Calvary. This woman was not a Jew and did not have that special link.
I think of her amazing persistence in the face of such rejection by the disciples: “Send her away! Get rid of her!” I wonder if I would have turned and fled. I admire her faith, it seemed to grow. She bows in worship (R.V.) I thought of a quote by JB Stoney: “Real faith is always increased by opposition, while false confidence is damaged and discouraged by it.” Jesus did not allow her to come to Him on Jewish ground as she was a Gentile. Her address of Him reveals her faith that He is Messiah, Son of David. And her humility cries out “Have mercy on me”.
This spoke to my heart today. Often the Lord does not answer my prayers as I expect. Not in my timing or according to what I want and there is temptation to discouragement. I hold Him to my expectations instead of seeking His will and what will bring Him glory. Why do I so often think I know best? Pride! 'I know whom I have believed' and He is never mistaken or careless but answers perfectly as I trust Him. Why is it so easy to depend on my foolish perspective which is accompanied by the flux of emotions that buckle like hot pavement in mid-summer? Our Lord is Sovereign, all-wise and so good.
Here is a heart moving quote that I hope blesses your socks off with Truth. May the Lord work in us both to will and to do, so that conquering the natural inclination of our weak hearts, we shall turn our disappointments to causes and occasions for worship. A.C.
This woman cast all her care on Him, experienced renewed intercession and acceptance and worshiped Him. Relive this story. Place yourself in her position searching Jesus out. Come to Him in humility with deep heart-cries. Allow the 'silence' or 'delayed answers' to such prayer (which seem to be on hold or unheard) to grow your faith and bring your heart to worship!
Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.”Matt 15:28
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
Dear Abba, I am in awe of Your perfection and Holiness. Thank You for providing a way for me to come with confidence before Your throne and know You will answer in perfect timing, the perfect answer, for You do not withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly, those who are in Christ and walk in Your Spirit. You bend low to lift me up! You carry me, You heal me, You give me wisdom and pour out Your lovingkindness on me. Thank you seems so insignificant. I bow in worship....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you want to know how to receive Forgiveness of sin and want to know Jesus Christ as Savior follow this link:
http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawseng.htm