Monday, March 3, 2014

Faith From Beginning to our last breath!


 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

I grew up religious. I didn’t smoke or drink or party. I taught Sunday school and read my Bible and prayed. I remember memorizing Psalm 139. Church was something I looked forward to. What amassed to the point of an intolerable weight to bear, was all my efforts to be good enough to get to heaven! Oh how often I wondered how good is ‘good enough’?

A miserable marriage and two children later, I fell at His feet in utter reliance and repentance and found He was all I ever wanted. No wonder I was profoundly disappointed in this life! I was created to fellowship with the King of kings and LORD of lords and did not know Him.
 A miracle happened: Now I was able to understand what I was reading. It was like His love letter to me! Before when I read my Bible, it sounded good, but it was like reading someone else’s mail. I was shocked to realize and admit I was without Christ and without hope in a world without a welcome matt. Oh the amazing wonder of now having hope and finding I was loved by Creator-God.

Born again and washed in the blood of the Lamb I believed He died for ‘my’ sins. He gave me all His righteousness and took upon Himself all my sin. Hear these words!!
God made him who had no sin to be sin  for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. II Cor 5:22.

                 That should set your feet to dancing!

I not only believed by faith, receiving Christ as my Savior, but I am to walk by faith daily. My sin-debt was paid in full at the Cross and I was set free. Religious no longer, I am free in a way I have never knew existed. The chains of legalism and religion fell off and I was given a heart that desires Him and want His will. I realized that I had fallen in love with Jesus! His Presence was now so real, I was uncomfortably, wonderfully aware of Him. After all the years of loving Him without knowing Him personally, I was made new inside, old things passed away and the new took root. I couldn’t get enough of His word and miracle of miracles I found Jesus loving my husband through me leaving me surprised and with questions. I hadn’t expected this!

So many trust Christ completely to save them, (knowing everything depends on Him) but then once saved they live like everything depends on them and fail to see the greater Truth… ‘the just shall live by faith’ and they move through the day trying to live the Christian life in their own strength. It can take many years to realize it doesn’t work that way.
   “They know not that the life of grace is always and only a life of faith, and that in their relationship to the Lord Jesus, the one daily and unceasing duty of the disciple is to believe, because believing is the one channel through which Divine grace and strength can flow into the heart of man.’ a.m.

It flows from the Cross. We are to remember Jesus death and resurrection until He returns by taking communion….
…do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.  For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Our old nature remains evil and sinful to the last. It is only as we daily come empty and helpless, to our Savior, that we receive from Him, life and strength, and the results is that we then produce fruit to the glory of God. a.m

So I too must come to my Savior, casting all my cares and failure on Him, that I may receive from Him all I need. He meets me at my weakness and my heart cries out for the bread of His will, His life, His strength, His wisdom, and His love.
Outward imitation, though it be the perfect Example will fall far short, unable to replace true spiritual growth!! To abide in Christ is the only secret of Christ-likeness. God will expose our empty, fleshly efforts by teaching us the truth of, For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot perform it. Romans 7:18 Do we really believe this?

Abba, You who became sin for me, I bow and cover my face with my hands. My whole being is aware of Your Presence. Your nearness is my good but  troubling too, for You are the Living God and never to be taken lightly. I pray You will teach me and each heart, the Truths that are the foundation and basis or our daily walk with You. Oh God change me and let me know you more and more deeply. You are an awesome and glorious God. To abide in You is is the secret of Christ-likeness. Blessed be Your holy name.

Thank You heavenly Father for leaving me in utter reliance on You,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you want to know how to receive Forgiveness of sin and want to know Jesus Christ as Savior follow this link:
http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawseng.htm