Thursday, October 25, 2012

Keep on Rejoicing


I will praise the name of God with song
And magnify Him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30

Brothers and Sisters,

David so often pours out his soul in tears before the Lord. Brutally honest. David, the greatest song writer to ever live, who writes out of life’s stress. Yet many of the Psalms begin with ‘Bless the LORD, O my soul. And Sing to the LORD… or Our LORD reigns. Praise and honor pour from his heart but this does not stop David from casting his cares on God or from crying out for God to teach him. God called David a man after God’s own heart.

He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will. Acts 13:22

Can you imagine God saying that about you! Replace David’s name with your name as you speak this verse aloud. Hear what you are saying. Though David pours out his troubles and struggles, Amy Carmichael points out David ends most of his Psalms with an up-look, that ends in praise. I desire to live this! Let my day begin with praise as long as I can speak and let it end in praise no matter how it has unfolded or ended.

In Psalm 69 David wept soul-tears (Kay translation) and many a day I have wept soul tears, often for a family member who after much prayer seems un-helped and I am tempted to see it as failure. Tempted to be discouraged. But even so,  

I will praise the name of God with song
And magnify Him with thanksgiving. 
 

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. Psalm 126:5

In NAS I caught something wonderful… in I Peter 4:1-2
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the (day of Christ) revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.

This assumes you are already rejoicing, in Christ, in the midst of your trials. It spoke to my heart saying, ‘Have a heart of worship, in a deep, private intimacy now with Lord Jesus. Sweeter even than our rejoicing in the company of brothers and sisters. The deeper your suffering… the more you are to ‘keep on rejoicing’. My feet were dancing and tears filled my eyes at the thought of this and then the next verse lifted me higher telling me I will rejoice with exultation when I am with my LORD on that day His glory is revealed before all the world. Our rejoicing here is a precursor to the rejoicing that is coming. I am to rejoice now whether reviled or suffering as a Christian, even in subtle ways (according to the will of God) Yes! It says that in verse 19 of I Peter 4! I am to rejoice.

To prepare me to exalt Him in my sorrow and heartache, I have learned the necessity of counting myself crucified with Christ; for only then can I expect Christ to His life in me, by His Spirit. His death is my title to be free. I must appropriate His death as that which severs me from all that I was in Adam and severs me from my old sin nature’s power over me. I am so thankful.  I do not have to keep myself!

The Lord Jesus will make it His business to keep us alive and fruitful, if we will make it our business to rely on Him.  We do not have to keep ourselves… Every fear to go down into daily death, every clinging too that which belongs to us, every grasp on our own personal position or ministry, will only hinder the manifestation of His life. It is to be life out of death. Even if our trust in Him brings us into the most helpless and impossible situations, we must rest assured that all will be well, for He is indeed the God of resurrection. HF


‘The LORD keeps those who love Him’ Psalm 145:20

Father-God, I bow. I have tasted and You are sweet and You are enough. I exalt You. Give me an undivided heart that I might bring You glory. Keep me from my finite childishness of dictating to You what is best or what You should or shouldn’t do, who You should heal, or what You should provide as if I can see tomorrow, or am in some way wise! Forgive my arrogance and pride and give me faith to believe You are doing what is right, allowing what will ultimately bring You glory. Most certainly Your ways are above my ways and You are all wise and never make a mistake. You are God, I am not. Thank You for drawing me to Yourself and loving me perfectly. I pray the perfect prayer: “Your will be done in Jesus Name.”

Learning to rejoice dear brothers and sister, You are so loved and prayed for,

az



The Gospel (or Good News) message of Jesus Christ is so simple that it almost defies understanding. By evidenceofdesign|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you want to know how to receive Forgiveness of sin and want to know Jesus Christ as Savior follow this link:
http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawseng.htm